At QC Krav Maga, we believe in helping you become prepared for anything that an attacker may throw your way. So when all your friends are putting on their running shoes or heading to the gym, you can expect to be putting on your striking gloves, preparing to get punched at, kicked, and flipped…while also throwing in a few of your own counter offensive punches as well. The experience is a part of our adult Krav Maga classes where you will learn how to become more self-aware, adaptive, and self-confident.
Krav Maga was originally developed in the 1940’s by Imi Lichtenfeld for the Israeli armed forces to help them add one more weapon to their arsenal – themselves. Since then, Krav Maga has extended to civilian self-defense purposes. What distinguishes it from other self-defense courses is how realistic and practical it is for your everyday life.
In class, you will learn how to defend yourself by using your opponent’s most vulnerable features to your advantage. The goal is to defend, counterattack, and be aggressive in order to neutralize any threat against you. Not only will classes help you get in shape but you will also develop real-world self-defense skills, build self-confidence and more.
5 Principle Benefits of Krav Maga
- You will be learning a highly adaptive style of self-defense. We operate on the premise that there are no limiting rules of engagement when it comes to defending yourself so use whatever works.
- While practicing Krav Maga you will continuously work on the three-part process for self-defense. First you will learn to address the immediate danger. This is where you respond to whatever attack has been initiated to you and put you in a position of disadvantage. Secondly, you will violently counter attack. This will rest the attackers thought process by inflicting pain and disrupting their balance. Lastly, you will evacuate the danger zone. In other words, get away. You do not want to get into a fight with someone that you know nothing about.
- You will become considerably more confident in your ability to defend yourself by learning how to address a variety of aggressive acts, such as: punches, choke, bear hugs, headlocks, grabs, and ground attacks. As you learn how to defend yourself against these attacks you’ll be getting into better shape, and building core strength and muscle. As you get physically stronger your self-esteem and self-confidence will increase.
- You’ll spend class time learning how to dominate and neutralize any threat as quickly as possible.To do so you want to use continuous and aggressive motion to overwhelm the opposition and then attack vulnerable parts of the body.
- You will also learn how to maintain situational awareness. While defending yourself you must remember to always look for additional attackers. You just never know when someone’s friend or someone just standing around will jump in to help during an attack gone bad. If necessary, you’ll use weapons of opportunity. These are things that you can use to throw, block a strike, or possibly hit the attacker with in order to get away. During this whole event you also need to be looking for possible escape routes. You must always make sure that you have a way out.
At QC Krav Maga, we use an industry-leading format to ensure that you have an enriching experience as you learn, grow, achieve, and excel in the martial arts. To learn more, visit our Krav Maga page to read more about the rich history of Krav Maga.